The Theatre Royal is at the end of the royal parade and hosts many top shows and plays, surrounded by restaurants that offer pre theatre meal deals.
Plymouth Pavilions – A music venue where top pop groups perform their acts, along with an Ice Rink.
Barbican Theatre – Local productions, performing arts and comedy nights, an independent small theatre.
Cinemas – The VUE is a multi screenplex also mega bowl in the Warner village, with a host of eateries, ABC cinema – situated in the middle of town
- Barbican Jazz Café – Barbican
- Kitty O‘Hanlons– St Andrews Street
- The Cider Press – Barbican
- The Three Crowns – Barbican
- Maritimo Wine and Tapas Bar -Hoe Road, booking essential, their menu can be found on the internet-maritimotapas.com, 01752 222938
- Salumi, a short work out of the guest house, 18 Milbay Road, 01752 267538
- The Dock -King Point Marina, Millbay
- Hoe Cantonese – Athenaeum Street
- Wet Wok- 75 Hoe Rd
- Quay 33 in the Barbican
- Pasta Pizza – Italian on the Barbican,
- The Boston Tea Party, on the Barbican, next to the 3 crowns. Serves lunch and afternoon tea. No evening service.
- Fish and chips – There are two or three good fish shops Platters comes highly recommended in the Barbican Village also in the next street across from Guest House there is an excellent fish and chip shop.
The Royal William Yard
The Guest house is in close proximity to The Royal William yard, an historic viticuling yard which has been renovated into apartments and a host of wonderful restaurants. An excellent place to explore history and to eat. It can be reached by taxi or car. It hosts a water taxi that can be caught from the Mayflower steps on the barbican.
- Las Iguanas
- Le Bistrot Pierre
- Le Vignoble-Wine Bar
- Prezzo Restaurant
- Seco Lounge
- Royal William Bakery
And If You Only Want A Drink
- The West Hoe – A friendly pub on West Hoe Road
- The Three Crowns – A friendly pub in the heart of the Barbican.
- Barbican Jazz Café – A nice wine bistro where you can sit out and listen to live Jazz music.
- The Navy – An old world type pub where they do nice steaks and good beer on the Barbican.
- The Cider Press – A nice pub with good scrumpy cider.